Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Beautiful City Postponed


The second day in Tours was . . . interesting.

I felt totally fine when I woke up, and we went out and got croissants and pastries before wandering around the city.


We stumbled across a cool cathedral in the middle of the city. And it had a lot of flying buttresses. I love a good flying buttress.

Anyway, I started seeing weird lines and things, which had never happened, so I assumed my eyes were still adjusting to the dim interior as opposed to the sunny weather. Unfortunately, I got a splitting headache and then felt nauseous, culminating with me almost losing my breakfast inside a Domino's as Mona and Lindsey waited for their pizza.
As it turns out, the French are known for taking extremely long lunches, like two hour lunches. So, our hotel was closed because the front desk guy was on his lunch break. We waited outside until a cleaning woman opened the door for us, and I slept off the worst migraine I've ever had for the next few hours.

That night we went out for Chinese, almost everything else was closed for Easter Monday, and then we got Daim McFlurries. And even though I felt crappy, and as Lindsey said, I looked like death or like I was going to faint, I got some great photos, and for the little while that I didn't feel like I wanted to pass out just so the pain would stop, I enjoyed walking around the city.





No comments:

Post a Comment