Monday, May 24, 2010

A Beautiful Start to the Emerald Isle


A couple friends and I decided to spend some time in Ireland. Lindsey and I flew out a few days before Mona, and the two of us were spending time in Dublin.


We had literally just checked into our hostel and decided to have lunch by the river. I was eating my sandwich when I hear this splash and look up.
Lindsey was covered in bird crap. Literally everywhere - on the apple she was eating, in her hair, on her coat, on the backpack. We both thought we were going to vomit. So we wiped it up with some tissue and went to McDonald's to wash it out. It was incredibly disturbing, and the smell was atrocious. Needless to say, I did not want that sandwich. I bought McFlurries because it was just that kind of day.


Then, we get back to the hostel and tell the woman at the front desk. She says, oh, you should buy a lottery ticket because that's supposed to be lucky.
We didn't feel very lucky, though. 


Lindsey and I did a day trip to Wicklow, where P.S. I Love You (which is a terrible movie) and Braveheart (which I have never seen) were filmed. 
It was beautiful. Everything was just amazing. And, we saw the river that Guinness gets its water supply from. 
A guy owns a private lake - affectionately nicknamed the Guinness Lake because it looks like a pint of Guinness.






No comments:

Post a Comment