Thursday, May 6, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake!


Yes. If I had been alive during the French Revolution, I would have wanted to execute Maria Antoinette, or not-quite-affectionately nicknamed "Autrichienne" (Austrian bitch). Just walking around the gardens of Versailles, while beautiful, would have been a slap in the face to all the people starving because bread cost too much.


My friend Mona and I decided to spend the day in Versailles on our first full day in Paris.

I had already been to Versailles, but it was still gorgeous. While the furnishings are a bit over the top, crazy Marie and Louis, the gardens are absolutely amazing. I got some really great photos from Versailles.


We ate lunch at one of the restaurants within the gardens. I had this really great pesto.

Also, we decided to just sit by the water and relax for a bit. I kept telling Mona that I didn't understand why people thought swans were regal and sophisticated because swans are vicious. And sure enough, a bunch of the swans started fighting while we were sitting there watching them. It was hilarious. They would grab other swans' wings in their beaks. Plus I realized that a swan's neck is actually really disgusting when you concentrate on it for a while.


After the palace, we decided to just walk around the town of Versailles. It really is just a cute French town.

No comments:

Post a Comment