Sunday, February 14, 2010

Saltwater breeze and seashells in the sand

On Saturday, Mona, Lindsey, and I went to Southend-on-Sea. It's this smaller town on the coast.

It was only an hour train ride to get out of the chaos of London to get to the ocean.

The three of us spent a lot of time just walking along the coast and picking up seashells or mistaking a fish head for a seashell and almost picking it up, luckily this did not happen to me.

It was overcast for most of the day, but it can't be anything but beautiful on the seaside.

And, I finally ate fish and chips. I am actually pretty glad that I waited that long because the fish was fresh and local. The restaurant had the most amazing batter.

Unfortunately we were overcharged for the train due to our own stupidity, but other than that, it was an awesome day.





It was just a fun little town, with some nice shopping areas and cool little seaside houses.














No comments:

Post a Comment